MISSOURI STATE MX CHAMPIONSHIP RULES:
1) Any rider racing prior to 2020 will not be
allowed to race in the beginner class. Any rider
who has ever received an end of year series award
in the Missouri State Series is not eligible for
the beginner class. The beginner class is an entry
level class not an ability level class.
2) Missouri State Officials may move riders up
based on written or published proof that the rider
has competed in a higher class.
3) Missouri State officials will not move
someone up just because they are fast. You must
have proof that a rider rode in a higher class.
4) AMA Rules apply unless otherwise noted.
5) All classes are modified classes.
6) "Big Wheels" race in Supermini, 125 Amateur,
and/or Schoolboy class only.
7) You must ride the same bike in the second
moto as you rode in the first moto of that class.
8) A rider must be on the starting line and
complete one lap under their own power in at least
one moto before being scored for the day. They must
cross the finish line.
9) Missouri State officials are not responsible
for locating riders before their event.
10) If a rider leaves the course for ANY reason,
they must reenter the track at the safest possible
point nearest their point of exit. But not at a
point where they improve their position. Race
officials will determine cutting the course going
around a jump or obstacle. This infraction will be
judged on a case by case basis.
11) If a moto must be stopped because of a rider
or riders obstructing the progress and safety of
the moto that rider or riders will not be allowed
to restart the moto unless allowed by the race
12) There will be NO restarts unless in the
opinion of the race official that continuing the
race will endanger the riders.
13) A malfunction of the starting gate will be
the race officials decision.
14) If for any reason the race must be stopped
it will be considered complete if the leading rider
has completed over 50% of the laps.
(Example: 3 laps completed in a 5-lap race)
15) Lapped riders must move over or be black
16) If it becomes necessary to run qualifiers
the trackside program will randomly divide the
classes into heats and LCQS
17) DNS means Did Not Start. A rider not coming
to the line and completing one full lap will
receive a DNS. They receive last place points plus
10 DNS points. If they start the second moto and
complete 1 lap, they will receive points for their
second moto finish plus the points from the first
18) DNF means DID NOT FINISH. Riders will
receive a DNF if they do not take the checkered
flag. A rider who DNFS will receive 5 DNF
points in addition to last place points, A rider
may push his bike across the finish line. If the
finish line is at the top of a large jump, bikes
and riders can go around the jump and signal the
19) A riders best 8 finishes will count
for series points. You must ride 7 races to receive
20) In all youth classes a riders age as
of January 1, 2020 determines which age group you
ride. You must ride in your age group. No
11-year-old will be allowed in the 85cc 12-15
class. Vet class ages will be determined by a
riders age on the day of the event.
21) Yellow flag situation: NO Passing, NO Double
jumping, and NO Tripling in the yellow flag area.
NO improving of position. Penalty is a minimum of
one finishing position per infraction. Maximum
penalty is Disqualification. This will be a
decision of the race official.
22) The white flag is a courtesy flag. It is not
necessary to display the white flag at the
beginning of the final lap.
23) If during riders meeting it is stated that
motos will be 5 laps and for some reason the
race is not stopped until 6 or more laps are
completed. The race will be considered over at the
end of the 5th lap. Scorekeepers lap sheets will
determine moto finish
. 24) 50cc classes only: A parent may push their
rider across the finish line if their bike quits or
breaks in the last turn before the finish line.
They may NOT push from 1/2 a lap away only if the
bike quits in the last turn.
25) No Senior 50 bikes are allowed in the 4-6
age class. Senior bikes are allowed in the 50 cc
7-8 and 50cc open classes.
26) Any verbal harassment or physical abuse of
Missouri State officials will be grounds for
27) No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances
will be allowed on the track or pit area. Riders
should not use any of the above-mentioned
substances before or during an event if they remain
in competition. Any rider that is impaired will not
be allowed to compete.
28) A rider is responsible for the actions of
their Pit Crew. Infractions by riders Pit crew or
associated spectators will be grounds for penalties
against that rider.
29) Amateur riders competing in an age class
that pays money may have a shop sponsor paid in
lieu of jeopardizing amateur status. Payment will
be made by the Missouri State Motocross Series
directly to the sponsor in the name of the amateur
30) Ties in series points will be broken by the
riders overall finish at the final race of
31) Riders are not allowed to ride bikes in
larger displacement classes.
(Example NO 65's in the 85 classes)
32) ELECTRIC 50s are only allowed to
compete in the 50cc Open Class!